Wednesday, June 9, 2010

part 3 of great Athletes

As I woke up this morning I had the opportunity to read the Bergen Record and look at the all decade football team. The first thing I see is offensive player of the decade Greg Olsen. This is enough to make any Wyckoff resident sick to their stomach after years and years of domination from third grade to eight grade and they are making this guy out to be the greatest offensive force of the 00's. So after I read this article I am now onto my second task of the day and that is to do a write up for great Doolie accomplishments. Immediately I thought of Ryan Williams aka Gerry Geisler aka Dino. Ryan has competed against olsen since the third grade and has almost always came out victorious. He is best known for single handly locking down Greg Olsen in a state playoff game and holding the player of the decade to a measely oh wait no 0 catches. Thats right the player of the decade had zero catch vs. our very own Ryan Williams. Two words: Great Athlete. Ryan has been a member of great football teams and great basketball teams. His basketball nick name was instant offense and that speaks for itself. On a team with great offensive players his nick name was Instant Offense. Their is not much more I need to say about this athlete because the above stories speak for themselves. The only thing that i do not like about Ryan Williams athletic career is that he chose to not walk on at UMASS. I feel ryan definitely could have contributed on the field at UMASS. One of the Doolie all time great athletes and not only will I let you know about so will he! Congrats on all your achievements.

1 comment:

  1. when I'm 80 and think back on the greatest moments of my life- birth of my child, winning the rec softball 'ship in 8th grade, first time I saw the "assistant coach scene" from He Got Game, I think the tops will have to be seeing Willi take a pick back to the house against Bergenfield in one of the great drubbings of the decade

    ReplyDelete