Monday, June 7, 2010

ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM INFLUENCIA???

Has anyone ever been influenced by another persons opinion in any way, shape or form? If you are answering "no" to this question then either stop lying to yourself or just stop reading cause this does not pertain to you. Now, for the people who are not lying to themselves: here we go.
Now, as most of you know I am a Yankees fan and also a Jets fan. That might seem weird to many tri-state locals because many people of our generation like teams that maybe their father grew up liking or even their grandfather. With that being said you normally tend to see the Yankee-Giant combination and the Met-Jet combo. Very seldom do you see it the other way around.
As I continue to write this article I am sure the questions of how I became to like that weird combination of teams might arise. Simple answer: Nicky. Hmmm, what the heck is _____ talking about? Well I will tell you what the heck I am talking about and I will not drag this on cause there is no need for it.
Pretty much I became a Yankees fan cause one day I decided that arguing with Nicky for five months out of the year would be something that would keep me on my toes. I like the Yankees, Nicky likes the Mets? Perfect opportunity to try and piss Nicky off by telling him how bad the Mets are and why they will never win again. I love going at Nicky with things that I did not really research just to start an argument. By the end of this argument I realize that Nicky already had this researched and if he did not have this researched already, he will make damn sure your point is absolutely wrong and that there is no question that he is 100% right. Does anyone agree with me on that topic??
Now who would not get sick of always disagreeing with someone? I know Nicky is a great kid and you know what, I was growing older and wiser. I started to realize why some people started liking the Mets. For example, why the hell does Drew like the Mets or even why does Cleary like them? The answer, either they just like to be different or they were sick and tired of disagreeing with Nicky because he would just make you feel so stupid in any sort of argument.
This takes me into why I am a Jets fan. The reason, again, that I am a Jets fan is because of, yep, you guessed it, NICKY! I needed some time to have a positive conversation with the Beansy himself about something. I LOVE agreeing with Nicky. Nothing makes you feel better about yourself when you have Nicky agreeing with you. If it is about the Jets, about the Doolies lineup, or even agreeing with Nicky when playing Black Jack that it is only the second card that counts, nothing can bring a man to better spirits.
With that being said, I have about five months a year of being down on myself because of the baseball season, three months of football and baseball overlapping and about three to four months of feeling awesome about myself, especially when the Jets are playing well. That whole cycle of agreeing/disagreeing with Nicky is how I chose to live my life and I would not change a damn thing!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure we are all guilty of having their opinions influenced in some way by others every day of our lives in some small way... for me I was gonna order a bagel this morning for breakfast, except someone in my office raved about the bacon egg and cheese sandwiches from this particular diner we were ordering from... so guess what happened? I still ordered a bagel, but I had to think about it for a while, but now maybe when I am a little hungrier in the morning I will order the BE&C because of another man's opinon

    ReplyDelete