Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Random Thoughts by the G-Man

As I sit on the beautiful Acela train and travel back form Illadelphia I have alot on my mind and about an hour until I hit Penn Station so here I go.

We have talked about this season and I've said it once and I'm going to say it again EMMANUMONK IS ON THE HOT SEAT!!!!! This is nothing against the Monk as a person, but even Joe Torre had to leave the Bronx. I feel that if the Doolies do not take the ship THIS YEAR, Emmanumonk is out as manager. This could benefit the team in a number of ways. The first one being is we could clearly get some new blood pumping at the top and maybe a revived attitude for what used to be the biggest bunch of bad asses in the league. The second way it could benefit our team is that the Monk would be able to contribute a little more with the stick and worry less about mangerial duties. Call me foolish, but somewhere deep inside I feel the Monk can help this team with the bat if he figures out how to use those Pythons he has and hit a ball hard instead of worrying if his shirt was ordered small enough.

Our next issue comes down to beezies. I mean alot has been said about the beer list which could definitely benefit this team. The only thing is will developing a beer list make any sense when the beer intake at these games has significantly declined over the last couple years. Frankly its pathetic. We have a guy who couldnt finish a Fosters Oil Can last season. That happens 3 years ago there is no way he is asked back for another tour with the Doolies. I mean Im not gonna sit here and act like I am getting smashed at every game but I can definitely say I shouldnt have driven home from a game or two last season. I would actually like to propose showing up to this years Fire game absolutely shuttleCOCKED. We can call Barbara DiPisa and she will pick us all up in the Blue Bomber and we will be on our way.

Next issue comes down to the schedule. Like are you kidding me the schedule isnt available yet? I mean somebody tell me how difficult it is to put together a bullshit schedule for this league. I need time to prepare for these games. I know we will have a different attitude if open up against GasHouse as opposed to the PotBellies. I just cant wait to get a shot at Eric Gostissa this season and feel we may have been a little light on him with our Facbook onslaught. So if Eric is reading this, I am sending him a personal heads up, dont bring your crew of Flunkies to the game because I aint holding back on you.

Entrance music has been a big topic of late. We all know Willy is going with School Boy and I'm going with Cruel Summer, but will Nicky turn back the clock and come with Hot for Teacher? If we are going pre game music we gotta go all out.

Full uniforms. Really? You got no chance of getting me in a full uni for these games. There is absolutely no way you are getting me to wear matching shorts with my jersey. I mean this is still the Ramsey High Arch league right? The same league that we shit the bed in year in and year out?

Their has been alot of chatter about our lineup and fielding positions. The question is who is replacing Johnny Pullmani at 3rd the first two games. I know we dont have one capable guy on this team myself included to put on the type of clinic the Pull Daddy puts on every week. I have heard rumblings of Lemery stepping in and how Nicky offered him a spot on the team following a scrimmage? I am not going to quote anyone but thats what I heard can we confirm this?

Finally Drews basement. Wow that takes me back. The things Frank used to do to me down there.

2 comments:

  1. *Barbs van was actually a silver van....but Im down to catch a ride even if rabid Joe is driving!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The schedule has not come out yet, realx, i will let u know as soon as i hear, just like the other email

    ReplyDelete