Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This InterWeb is Interesting stuff Huh?

Well this is a first….

Just a bunch of young guys taking this old man’s league into the 21st century.

Since there has been a lot of speculation on how good we may be this year, I thought it would be fun to peruse the Cragslist Ads for softball players. This will allow us to gauge just how other softball players see themselves…

First post:

27 year old male... slight pudge.... played a wicked 2nd base from ages 5-12. Descent hand eye coordination and the ability to bring the thunder. Looking to join softball league/team preferably a Saturday league in Brooklyn or Manhattan.

So you are telling me that this “pudge” not only played a “wicked” 2nd base just a short 15 years ago, but his decent hand eye coordination allows him to “BRING THE THUNDER”? When do we sign him? I am sure that even though he hasn’t held down the 2 bag in over a decade, that it will have no effect on his skills. Joke.

Second Post:

Looking to get onto a softball team. I can play in a competitive league or in a league that is just for fun. I will change my attitude depending on the league type.

Oh this guy will change his attitude for us? We don’t have any attitude other than intensity and fuck bitches. Don’t do me no favors.

Third Post:

Experienced Modified Softball player looking for a Saturday Team to play for….. blah blah blah …..I'm looking to win and be competitive. Would love to be in a team that is straight business and no clowning around. Of course, I like to have fun too.

Straight Business? No clowning around? This guy is a definite pickup.

3 comments:

  1. Anyone else interested in finding as many guys in that we kind find on craiglist for a fake tryout and never calling them back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a huge idea. I like where your head's at.

    ReplyDelete