Friday, July 2, 2010

Colorado Bus Leagues

So, since I retired (at the top of my game, might I add.) I have taken a job scouting in the bus leagues of Colorado. I have been everywhere from Denver, to Canon City, to Boulder looking for young fresh talent. Just let me add, that no one out here could even sniff a starting job on this 2010 Doolies Roster. And I mean that in the most serious, and sarcastic way possible.

Miss the Diamond out here. At least you guys are still drubbing every team you come up against. And that makes me proud, like a father, when his son first strangles and kills a prostitute.

Other than that here is a brief overview of what I have been up to. I'll keep it short since I think no one cares what I've been doing. But here goes…

Went for a full day raft trip down the Arkansas river. Class 3,4, and 5 rapids. Its about 2 1/2 hours out of Denver, and I highly, highly recommend it. Cover about 25 miles, pretty gnarly. I also camped out on top of the gorge out there as well. "Super crunchy." Amazing views of the mountains and gorge.

I have gotten banged up a few times out here as well. Drinks are cheap, real cheap. Most bars have like 3 happy hours a day, and a lot of them have 2 for 1 specials during peak hours. I guess they don't know how Jersey kids will absolutely take advantage of this. Rockies fans will party till close after games they win. $1 pbrs all night is a recipe for disaster.

First night started with a free event with unlimited beer, followed by a bicycle pub crawl, which turned into last call in LODO, accompanied by a strange MO session with a 30+ year old.

Birthday = tons of drinks, karaoke in a terrible Mexican restaurant, + Bachelorette Party. Awesome. We also almost got in a fight with some fat slob who was trying to force 3 asian girls into a cab with him. Can't knock the hustle, respect the game.

Been out to Boulder to hang with Alison Daniels, she is wild. Absolutely beautiful out there. And tomorrow I am going to chill with her and a couple of the other Bronco Cheerleaders. So out of my league…. lets get creepy.

I have eaten more mexican food then I care to talk about, but it is all so good you just can't stop.

Looking to close on a place today, so wish me luck.

Hit. Some. Ding. Ers.

1 comment:

  1. Current Softball Standings

    1. The Doolies 6-0
    2. DOA 5-1
    3. Delta House 4-1
    4. Bombers 4-2
    5. B-Team 3-3
    6. Cruel Shouse 3-3
    7. Knights 3-3
    8. Opals 3-3
    9. Gas House 2-4
    10. Stiffies 1-4
    11. Pot Bellies 1-5
    12. Fire 0-6

    Their is one makeup game scheduled for 8/8

    ReplyDelete