Monday, July 10, 2017

I think We are Back

After nearly a month off to lick our wounds and feel bad for ourselves the Doolies came back in a big way yesterday. Yes, the Opals were exactly what we needed to get back on track but I'm not going to apologize for  any wins at this point.  Couple big highlights from the game yesterday. For starters we showed up with only one bat and teed off. Led by homers from a number of guys but none as big as Espos. Furthest ball I've seen hit this year. Mix in his solid play in the field and his constant chirping of the other team he takes MVP honors.

Runner up for MVP I'd love to give to Mailly but I'm going to give to Eric Gos new gf. I haven't been chirped by a fan like that since high school. It's 11am on Monday, pretty sure she just hit the snooze button at her place in Bogerts and won't surface until Wednesday.

I hope Johnny is OK.  I know we throw around the word Sniper quite a bit at these games but what happened to him yesterday was one of the finest snipings I've ever seen. For those who weren't there he was playing left field and was going for a ball in the gap. As he was running he got sniped and it looked like when you run into the ocean and the ocean floors drops out from under you. Never seen anything like it. Said he heard a pop. I'm sure Johnny will be back next week but wow that was bad.

I'd also like to formally cut Jones from the team. Guy hasn't been to one game and was on beer yesterday. If I don't bring that keg we are looking at a dry game for the Doolies.

Next week we have the B Team in the nightcap at Finch. A win puts us at 3-4 and with a very soft schedule to end the season we could be in good position to be 6-4 by the playoffs. Heard yesterday you aren't allowed to make up games anymore. Need Nicky to look into that for us.

Until next week gentlemen.

No comments:

Post a Comment